Sunday, January 08, 2006

Boiling Creek

Well, this weekend was supposed to be a three day trip up near Stockton, but weather and work interfered. So, as a consolation prize I drove to Niceville to get my Eglin AFB recreation permit for a leisurely sunday paddle on Boiling Creek. What a great place! We paddled upstream for a while (2.25 miles, roughly) before stopping for lunch. Gary hopped into my kayak for the trip back, leaving me with his one man performance canoe. This being the first time that I have canoed, it was quite an experience. Nonetheless, I managed to make it back without a dip this time, and thoroughly enjoyed the new experience. Hopefully, I'll head up to Stockton later this month to try and enjoy a couple days out in the bayous...I have bacon and eggs to honor Ed Abbey, so the trip will have to be made!

No comments: