Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A few things...

Ok, since I haven't updated in a while, here are a few quick items. First, England. Tried to kayak. No joy. We did take punts down the river Cam a few times...it's a nice relaxing way to see some of England's oldest colleges and it has the benefit of being human powered. It's also funny to watch people who have no idea how to push a flat bottomed boat with a big stick try to get around. Especially when the pole get's stuck in the mud and they decide it would be better to hold onto the stick than stay on the flat-bottomed boat. Sadly, I've only actually seen this happen once. But it was funny! (I'll post a picture as soon as I get them uploaded)

I made it to St. Louis for a work conference the week after coming back to England. I was pretty ill on the tail end of the England trip, so St. Louis will have to be full explored another time. However, I did get to the famous arch (pretty cool, worth a ride up) and I ran some of the trail that runs along the riverfront. It's a great biking and running trail...a little shady around the abandoned warehouses and power plant, but still cool.

When I got back, the club did a night paddle. It never fails...I really like kayaking under a full moon. It's very relaxing, but it also makes me think about special forces teams using kayaks to conduct nightime insertions during WWII.

No comments: